The nights are drawing in and I don’t know about you, but nothing makes me happier than staying in, comfort food, low lighting and good company. And whether you’re sitting down to a romantic meal with your other half, having the girls over or kicking back with a take out…why not take some styling tips from our Store Manager, Kate, who features in our “How to Lay the Perfect Table” video. The principles that Kate has used are really simple!
Items used in our video can be found on our website (
- Textured round placemat £2.50
- Large Stripe Dinner Plate £9.99
- Small Blue Patterned Plate £6.99
- Dark Grey Napkin £4.99
- Soup Bowl £6.50
- Blue Ceramic Crackle Glaze Coaster £2.99
- Blue and White Hand Painted Mug £8.99
- Blue and White Hand Painted Milk Jug £8.99
- Set of Pewter Handled Cutlery £22.75
- Hand Blown Moroccan Tumbler £4.50
- Rustic Candle £5.50
Kate’s Top Tips
- Layering is your friend! We’ve first layered a textured placemat (we just can’t get enough of those pom-poms!).
- Grab some plates and bowls that are a mix of patterns and tones – the more the merrier to continue adding those layers.
- Add some water glasses for daytime dining, or lose the mugs and add your favourite wine glasses for supper.
- Remember – there’s no rules here, so if you have a favourite treasured piece or a set of vintage dinnerware – get that involved too for a truly authentic eclectic mix!
Those of you that are eagle-eyed
If you’re really looking for that ‘wow’ factor or have a more formal dinner party approaching, take a look at this episode of The Sheer Luxe Show. Hostess extraordinaire Serena Fresson shows how to make your dining room table one your guests will want to Instagram with dinner party tablescape ideas – and if you look carefully you’ll see one of our pieces that Kate uses in our video, featured by Serena too!